How to de-fog your windshield
While spring is finally here, your car windows can still fog up this time of year, which can be annoying. Learn how to de-fog your windshield here!
Steps to de-fog windshield
How you tackle this problem will depend on the type of fog you are dealing with. Fog on the outside of the windows, which typically occurs in the winter or in highly humid summer weather, is less common and dealt with differently than fog on the inside of your windows, which happens when the colder air outside is combined with the warmer, moister air inside. Learn how to beat both types of foggy windshields!
Fog on the outside:
- Use your wiper blades to clear away fog
- Turn the AC down or off or turn the heat on low
Fog on the inside:
- For immediate results: open the windows or turn the defrost on without heat
- Warm the inside of the car using your heater without the recirculate feature (if applicable)
- Turn the defrost button on its highest setting
- Use the highest heat level
- Turn on AC button (if applicable)
- Crack your windows
Following these steps will help you clear your windows in no time! While you might be in a hurry, we recommend taking the extra couple of minutes to clear your windshield so that you are not driving with poor visibility.
For all of your automotive needs, come to Palmen Fiat today!
Where to hide valuable items in your car
Anyone who has been a victim of theft knows how violating it can feel to know that a stranger stole your belongings. That’s why it is important to think ahead and make sure that any valuables you have are safe and secure, especially while traveling. Check out these tips to hide your valuables!
How to hide valuables in your vehicle
Oftentimes, theft is a crime of opportunity, meaning someone may not intend to rob you, but will if they see a valuable item in plain sight in your vehicle. That’s why stashing those items out of view will help you avoid being robbed and keep your car and your items safe! Where should you stash your items? Check it out!
- Not in the glove box. While it might be out of sight in this case, it is a common place that thieves look, so it is best to avoid this spot whenever possible (unless your glove box has a lock!). Other areas not to hide items include under the seats, in seat-back pockets and the center console.
- Read your owner’s manual to determine if your car has any secret compartments that are not obvious. Some vehicles have hidden compartments that you can stash your valuables without fear of being found by criminals.
- Use uncommon hiding spots. Putting your valuables (depending on their size) in between the seat cushion and the seat back, in the spare tire storage area, under the floor mats or inside of inconspicuous items (think: empty drink containers, mint or gum containers, etc).
We highly recommend you take these precautions and hide your valuables before hitting the road to help increase your safety and avoid being robbed! If your vehicle is in need of service, come on down to Palmen Fiat today!
Mother’s Day DIY Activities
Mother’s Day is right around the corner on Sunday, May 13, and you might be wondering how you can show the motherly figures in your life how much you appreciate them! There are many ways to do it including sending flowers, taking her out to eat, or doing some DIY activities with the kiddos. Check out these Mother’s Day activity ideas! Read the rest of this entry »
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Features
The Alfa Romeo Giulia is a sporty sedan, and its Quadrifoglio trim is sleek and powerful. What sets the Quadrifoglio trim apart? Let’s take a closer look at the features on the 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio! Read the rest of this entry »
2018 Fiat 500L Running Footage
The Fiat 500L is a sleek, stylish model. It features iconic Fiat styling and has bold color options available to allow drivers to make their Fiat fit their personality. The Fiat 500L also has a supremely comfortable interior with a surprising amount of space for passengers. Check out this running footage of a 2018 Fiat 500L Trekking trim to see how smoothly it rides and how stylish it is! Read the rest of this entry »
2017 Fiat 500 Trim Levels
The Fiat 500 is an iconic compact city car that provides drivers with a sporty, responsive ride. The Fiat 500 has a comfortable interior and plenty of technology and safety amenities available to keep passengers relaxed and entertained. Let’s check out the different trim levels available on the Fiat 500! Read the rest of this entry »
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Design Features
The 2018 Fiat 124 Spider is sleek and stylish. It features a bold design that houses many interior amenities to keep passengers comfortable on the road. Let’s take a closer look at the design features on the 124 Spider! Read the rest of this entry »
2018 Fiat 500 Walk-Through
The 2018 Fiat 500 has received updates to its interior and exterior for the 2018 model year. The new Fiat 500 has more power and style outside, and additional amenities inside to enhance comfort and convenience. Check out this video walking you through the new Fiat 500! Read the rest of this entry »
Alfa Romeo premieres Nero Edizione Package for Stelvio and Giulia
At the New York International Auto Show recently, Alfa Romeo announced a new appearance package that will be available on its Stelvio SUV and Giulia models. Check out the details of this new package! Read the rest of this entry »
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Interior Features
The 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia is luxurious and stylish. It features bold styling and plenty of interior amenities to keep passengers comfortable and connected. Let’s take a closer look at the interior comfort and technology features in the Giulia! Read the rest of this entry »