Tips for traveling and camping with your pets
Summer is a great time to travel and camp out while the weather is nice. For many people, their pets are part of their family and they want to bring them along! But traveling with pets and camping out can be an added stress, which is why we’ve compiled these tips to help you travel and camp out with your pets safely!
Read More: Keep your valuables safe in your car!
Tips for traveling with your pets
- Pack a pet-friendly travel kit: Bring along your pet’s food, fresh water, a leash, waste bags, medication, pet first-aid kit, vaccination records and any other pertinent information for your pet. Make sure they have up-to-date vaccinations and an ID tag with your information in case your pet gets lost.
- Secure your pets in the vehicle: Use a crate or carrier that is large enough for your pet to stand, sit, turn around and lay down in. Secure the crate to the vehicle so that it stays put around corners. If you don’t have the space for a crate, make sure your pet keeps their head in the vehicle at all times and secure them to the vehicle using a harness and pet seatbelt.
Tips for camping with your pets
- Ensure you find a pet-friendly campsite: Most campgrounds have pet-friendly sites, so this shouldn’t be an issue. Also, make sure to keep your pet’s collar with ID tags on at all times while camping.
- Bring a leash and stake: This will allow your pet more freedom to move about the campsite while still being secured by the stake.
- Bring along all of your pet’s essentials: To help your pet feel comfortable, you should pack their normal food, fresh water, bowls, a favorite toy or blanket, and try to keep them on their normal schedule as much as possible. This will ensure they are comfortable in an unfamiliar situation!
We hope these tips help you have a safe and fun summer! For all of your automotive needs, visit Palmen Fiat today!