Sometimes state laws can become outdated and irrelevant as our society advances. Sometimes these laws are downright weird! All states have laws like these still on the record books so we decided to take a look at some of Wisconsin’s weird laws of the road. Take a closer look!
You May Also Like: Shop Today, Buy Tomorrow Program at Palmen Fiat
Wisconsin Weird Driving Laws
- No one can camp in a wagon on any public highway or risk a fine of up to ten dollars. You’ll have to stick to campgrounds or your backyard!
- Livestock have the right-of-way on public roads. In the dairy state, it’s not uncommon to pass by fields of cows, sheep, or other livestock. Just be careful on the roads if any of those animals get out!
- In Hudson, Wisconsin, no one can sit on another person’s parked car without their verbal consent.
- In LaCrosse, Wisconsin, it is illegal to tie up your horse along Third Street.
- In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, it is illegal for a car to be parked on the street for over two hours unless a horse is tied to the car.
Other Weird Laws in Wisconsin
- It is a State Law that apple pie cannot be served in public restaurants without cheese
- When two trains meet at an intersection, State Law says that neither shall proceed until the other has
- Margarine may not be used in place of real butter unless the customer requests it in a restaurant
- In Brookfield, Wisconsin, it is illegal for someone to allow someone else to use their phone to make prank phone calls
- In Hudson, Wisconsin, screens are required on all windows from May 1st to October 1st
Do you know of any other weird laws in Wisconsin? Let us know in the comments section! For all of your automotive needs, come to Palmen Fiat today!